Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tokyo Cafe, SM Mall Of Asia

     As I was browsing through my files, I saw my compilation of food resto pics that I was supposed to blog months ago. But because of our series of events and my laziness, I wasn't able to do so. "Better late than never" as what they say, so here I am, blogging it. First stop is Tokyo Cafe.

     The pics are still on their raw form, so I could tell the date I took them. This was taken on February 2011.


      So, basically we search the mall to try a new restaurant with a mango crepe, because my bf wanted it but didn't like to eat at our usual French Baker.  When we entered the South wing entrance of SM Mall of Asia main building, I saw Tokyo Cafe. Quite intrigue with the plastic version of their dishes by the window.  We checked their menu at the entrance for a mango crepe.  Good thing they had. We waited a little because they are full. After a while, the waitress ushered us to our table. Though, there are lots of people at that time, the ambiance of the restaurant is still quite cozy. 

     At first, I had the impression that they offer only Japanese cuisine. A modern Japanese cuisine to be exact, because of the name "Tokyo Cafe".  When I scanned through their menu, they have a fusion of American and Japanese cuisine. Check it at their site: http://tokyocafe.com.ph/ .

     Our orders for our afternoon snack:

Creamy Ebiko pasta Php258
Garlic and Shrimp pasta Php245

Manila Mango Php115

      We both love pasta. Mine is Creamy Ebiko pasta. I love the creaminess of it. At a closer range, you could see the karashi ebiko (shrimp eggs) in the cream sauce. The luscious softness of the ebiko (shrimp) is perfect. This dish is like the fusion of carbonara & Pizza Hut's seafood supreme pasta.

      I tasted about 1-2 forkful of my bf's Garlic and Shrimp pasta.  My excuse: "I couldn't give a review of the dish without tasting it." ~hohohoho.  Anyway, this kind of pasta is more of the "pancit" type. Why? Because it's not saucy but very tasty.  Plus, I think it was cooked in olive oil. The shrimp is same with my dish. Delectable. I could also taste the herbs and spices.

     I'm not a fan of cold crepes (I'm more of the hot types ^o^).  But I still eat it once in a while.  Again, I took 2-3 spoonful of this dessert, for the same reason a while ago. He he. I think I prefer French Baker's version.  As you can see, it consist of mango slices, mango ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup and crepe.  Nothing much to say but sweet.  I would have liked it, if they use vanilla ice cream instead of mango flavor.
     If only we didn't had a heavy lunch then I would have ordered another dish or so.  I would like to try their smoogees next time.


TCGB!

1 comment:

  1. I've never been there in Tokyo Cafe but I've seen it some times whenever I go to MOA. The food looks delicious and I would love to have my own review on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments. Please refrain from spamming. =)