Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Astronomical Smiley



Last Monday night (December 1, 2008), while back riding in a motorcycle, I suddenly looked up at the sky and was surprised to see a large smiley. At first, I thought the two eye-like figure were stars then the smiling lips figure was the moon. It was my first time to see such an astronomical shape that made me pull out my cellphone and took my best shot. It was a very comical view.

When we arrived at Rey's house, we saw it in the news too. I thought I was the only one who noticed the smiley. It was then I realized that the two eye-like figure were the two planets, Jupiter and Venus. Seems so close with each other from an earthling's eye view. hahaha. According to a certain website, these planets will be seen close with each other again on May 2013. Truly amazing, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments. Please refrain from spamming. =)